Tuesday 18 February 2020

CAA NRC NPR

I too like the majority, am usually indifferent in what all goes on in the country. However, today I feel like I must vent out my frustration on the foolishness going on.
Anti CAA / NRC / NPR protest is what I would be putting up my thoughts about. Now, this may sound a bit repetitive and we keep on seeing a lot of posts on the issue still I will be posting this.

1. After 70+ years of independence, we as a country don't follow the basic traffic rules some of them even don't know what they are.
2. Again after 70+ years of Independence, we need our Prime Minister to tell us the importance of sanitation till then, we were happy to make a mess by open defecation. So, in short we even don't know where to poop.
3. Our literacy rate is just in the range of approx. 70-75 percent and I am not talking about basic graduation I am just talking about people who can "read and write" we still have another 25 percent people to cover before we reach 100 percent.
 
I have just highlighted a few points to convey the facts that the majority of us do not understand the law of the land, lack basic civic sense and a significant population is still incapable of reading or writing and I haven't said anything about understanding what you read. With all the above, I want to point out the fact that we are not perfect and quite frankly we don't understand the nitty-gritty of governance. Probably that is one of the prime reasons why our Constitution builders selected democracy for "India that is Bharat". 
When we start having all decisions done on road by protests and processions the basic idea of democracy itself goes for a toss.

People protesting have all the right to put up their voice through the option of voting the party which leads their preferred thoughts, but then, that option is available at the time of election and not one fine day when you feel you don't want this government you just come on the road and create a mess of the public infrastructure.

We see rounds of messages getting shared on social media about the state of minority in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. How it's percentage came down from 20's to a meagre single-digit number. I have personally heard the stories of how minorities are treated in these countries and what they have to do to keep their families safe from the hostile environment around them. 

So let's keep the governance with the chosen people and not unnecessarily poke our noses in matters which are best rested with the government of the day.

PS: If people spend time reading this and I hope some of them do, there will be some voices which will say you are supporting this only because you are a "Bhakt". Be that as it may, the focus here is only one thing CAA is brought in for a good cause and I don't think me thinking anyway differently about the present government is going to take away that fact from the amendment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miss Fit

Today I am again stuck in the memory lane not sure why but then, getting the flashback of all the experiences which somehow made me realize ...